In-Home Services (IHS)
In-Home Services enables individuals to remain in their own homes and/or community with assistance from personal aides with tasks that may be difficult for individuals due to aging or disability.
Types of Services
In-Home Services may include one or more of the following types of services:
- Personal Care provides assistance with tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, etc.
- Homemaker Services provides assistance with light housekeeping, shopping, meal preparation and laundry for the client.
- Advanced Personal Care provides assistance with transfers, ostomy hygiene, catheter care, etc.
- Respite Care is companionship and oversight of a loved one so the caregiver(s) may take a break from the daily care routine or take care of personal business.
- Nursing provides help with setting up medications, including insulin setups, nail care and monitoring the individual’s care plan for adequacy of service provision.
Qualifications for the In-Home Services program are as follows:
- Missouri Resident
- Age 18-64 with a disability or Senior age 65+
- Enrolled in Medicaid
- Qualify for nursing home placement as assessed by the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS). DHSS/DSDS or contractor will assess the individual to determine if the individual meets the Level of Care (LOC) threshold requirements for Medicaid-funded In-Home Services.
Individuals who do not currently have services may apply by contacting DHSS/DSDS at 816-889-2206. Individuals may also contact Hyatt’s Kansas City office at 816-283-3200 for assistance or send a note to the office here.
Individuals who currently have services through another provider and would like to transfer services to Hyatt Home Health Care Inc. may contact DHSS/DSDS at 816-889-2206 for assistance.
Service Authorizations for the In-Home Services program are authorized by DHSS/DSDS.